Deploying and Managing Office 365 Hybrid Deployments
Deploying and Managing Office 365 Hybrid Deployments
This course that targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in administering, configuring, and operating Office 365 services in hybrid environments, where part of the infrastructure is hosted on-premises. This course also includes management of identities, authentication, and supporting technologies for Office 365. This course focuses on the skills required to administer and troubleshoot an Office 365 tenant, and key services of Office 365 such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Skype for Business, as well as services such as Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Azure Active Directory Identity Protection, and Azure Active Directory Privileged Identity Management. All these services are covered from the hybrid aspect. This course provides knowledge on how to use Office 365 services for both cloud and on-premises resources.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 administration and licensing
- Deploy and configure directory synchronization
- Plan hybrid configuration with Exchange Server and Exchange Online
- Perform an Exchange Server hybrid deployment
- Deploy Skype for Business and Teams in a hybrid deployment
- Deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for Business in a hybrid environment
- Deploy Azure MFA, Identity Protection and Azure Information Protection
- Deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment
Perfil de los alumnos
The audience for this course includes IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn how to implement and maintain Office 365 in hybrid scenarios, where one part of collaboration infrastructure is located on-premises and integrated with Office 365 services. These professionals should have at least 3 years of experience working in their respective fields—specifically, previous knowledge about Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Skype for Business Server (for example, Lync server) is expected. Students who attend this course are also expected to have a fairly broad understanding of Office 365 services administration in general, as well as several on-premises technologies such as DNS and AD DS.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or later
- Minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services
- Minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business Server 2015 and SharePoint Server 2013 or later
- Experience working with Office 365 key services such as Exchange Online, Skype for Business and SharePoint Online
- An understanding of the following concepts as related to Office 365: Microsoft cloud services and Office 365 platform
Our team of highly qualified instructors combine training activities with the development of their profession as experts in the field of IT. Professionals certified by the major manufacturers capable of transferring an enjoyable and easy to understand technical concepts more abstract.
A copy of the official Microsoft documentation.
Contenidos del Deploying and Managing Office 365 Hybrid Deployments
- Introduction to Office 365 administration and licensing
- Overview of Office 365
- Office 365 administration and role delegation
- Office 365 tenant configuration
- Hybrid deployment overview
- Deploying and configuring directory synchronization
- Directory synchronization and authentication overview
- Azure AD Connect deployment and configuration
- Manage user and group objects in an Office 365 hybrid environment
- Server hybrid deployment planning
- Exchange Online overview
- Exchange Server hybrid configuration options and deployment features
- Exchange Server services in the hybrid deployment
- Exchange Server hybrid deployment
- Using the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Managing and configuring the Exchange hybrid deployment
- Implementing advanced functionality for hybrid environments
- Configuring message compliance and hygiene in a hybrid environment
- Skype for Business and Teams in Office 365 hybrid deployment
- Overview of Skype for Business Online and Microsoft Teams
- Planning and preparing for the hybrid Skype for Business and Teams deployments
- Configuring the Skype for Business and Teams hybrid environments
- Using the Skype for Business and Teams hybrid configurations with Phone system
- SharePoint and OneDrive for Business hybrid deployment
- Overview of SharePoint Online
- Planning for a SharePoint hybrid deployment
- Deploying the SharePoint hybrid configuration
- Configuring SharePoint services in a hybrid configuration
- Deploying additional Office 365 services in a hybrid deployment
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication in a hybrid scenario
- Implementing Azure Information Protection
- Implementing Identity Protection and Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Authentication options in hybrid deployments
- Planning authentication options in Office 365
- Deploying AD FS for SSO
- Deploying pass-through authentication for SSO
Active and participatory course through demonstrations, practical exercises and clinical analysis of users of all the theoretical topics taught by the instructor in order to deal with real cases of the related product. The trainer will also use different dynamics that allow group work in the classroom as challenges, evaluation exams and real cases to prepare for the associated Microsoft certification exam, if there is one.
Continual evaluation based on group and individual activities. The faculty will give continuous feedback and at the end of the activities to each participant.
During the course the participants will complete an evaluation test that must be passed with more than 75%. They will have one hour available for its realization.
Conditions of additional certification services are subject to the terms of the license owner or of the authorized certification authority.
Se emitirá Certificado de Asistencia sólo a los alumnos con una asistencia superior al 75% y Diploma aprovechamiento si superan también la prueba de evaluación.