In this course you’ll learn how to install and configure a production-grade Kubernetes cluster, from network configuration to upgrades to making deployments available via services. Also handle the ongoing tasks necessary for Kubernetes administration.
- Installation of a multi-node Kubernetes cluster using kubeadm, and how to grow a cluster.
- Choosing and implementing cluster networking.
- Various methods of application lifecycle management, including scaling, updates and roll-backs.
- Configuring security both for the cluster as well as containers.
- Managing storage available to containers.
- Learn monitoring, logging and troubleshooting of containers and the cluster.
- Configure scheduling and affinity of container deployments.
- Use Helm and Charts to automate application deployment.
- Understand Federation for fault-tolerance and higher availability.
This course does not focus on one vendor’s tools. Most courses are vendor-locked. We use kubeadm to deploy the cluster and focus on tools that would work on anyone’s Kubernetes cluster.
Perfil de los alumnos
IT Professionals that manage or want to manage Kubernetes deployments.
Students should understand Linux administration skills, comfortable using the command line. Must be able to edit files using a command-line text editor.
Our team of highly qualified instructors combine training activities with the development of their profession as experts in the field of IT. Professionals certified by the major manufacturers capable of transferring an enjoyable and easy to understand technical concepts more abstract.
A copy of the official Linux Foundation Training documentation.
Contenidos del Kubernetes Administration
- Linux Foundation
- Linux Foundation Training
- Linux Foundation Certifications
- Laboratory Exercises, Solutions and Resources
- Distribution Details
2. Basics of Kubernetes
- Define Kubernetes
- Cluster Structure
- Project Governance and CNCF
3. Installation and Configuration
- Getting Started With Kubernetes
- More Installation Tools
4. Kubernetes Architecture
- Kubernetes Architecture
- Other Cluster Systems
5. APIs and Access
- API Access
- Working with A Simple Pod
- kubectl and API
- Swagger and OpenAPI
6. API Objects
- API Objects
- The v1 Group
- API Resources
- RBAC APIs
7. Managing State With Deployments
- Deployment Overview
- Managing Deployment States
- Deployments and Replica Sets
- Accessing Services
9. Volumes and Data
- Volumes Overview
- Persistent Volumes
- Passing Data To Pods
- Ingress Controller
- Ingress Rules
- Scheduler Settings
- Affinity Rules
- Taints and Tolerations
12. Logging and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Flow
- Basic Start Sequence
- Troubleshooting Resources
13. Custom Resource Definition
- Custom Resource Definitions
- Aggregated APIs
14. Kubernetes Federation
- Federated Resources
- Using Helm
- Accessing the API
- Authentication and Authorization
- Admission Controller
- Pod Policies
- Network Policies
Active and participatory course through demonstrations, practical exercises and clinical analysis of users of all the theoretical topics taught by the instructor in order to deal with real cases of the related product. The trainer will also use different dynamics that allow group work in the classroom as challenges, evaluation exams and real cases to prepare for the associated Linux Foundation certification exam, if there is one.
Continual evaluation based on group and individual activities. The faculty will give continuous feedback and at the end of the activities to each participant.
During the course the participants will complete an evaluation test that must be passed with more than 75%. They will have one hour available for its realization.
Conditions of additional certification services are subject to the terms of the license owner or of the authorized certification authority.
Se emitirá Certificado de Asistencia sólo a los alumnos con una asistencia superior al 75% y Diploma aprovechamiento si superan también la prueba de evaluación.