Microsoft 365 Security Administration
Microsoft 365 Security Administration
In this course you will learn how to secure user access to your organization’s resources. The course covers user password protection, multi-factor authentication, how to enable Azure Identity Protection, how to setup and use Azure AD Connect, and introduces you to conditional access in Microsoft 365. You will learn about threat protection technologies that help protect your Microsoft 365 environment.
Specifically, you will learn about threat vectors and Microsoft’s security solutions to mitigate threats. You will learn about Secure Score, Exchange Online protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, and threat management. In the course you will learn about information protection technologies that help secure your Microsoft 365 environment. The course discusses information rights managed content, message encryption, as well as labels, policies and rules that support data loss prevention and information protection. Lastly, you will learn about archiving and retention in Microsoft 365 as well as data governance and how to conduct content searches and investigations. This course covers data retention policies and tags, in-place records management for SharePoint, email retention, and how to conduct content searches that support eDiscovery investigations.
- Administer user and group access in Microsoft 365.
- Describe and manage Azure Identity Protection features.
- Plan and implement Azure AD Connect.
- Manage synchronized identities.
- Describe and use conditional access.
- Describe cyber-attack threat vectors.
- Describe security solutions for Microsoft 365.
- Use Microsoft Secure Score to evaluate your security posture.
- Configure various advanced threat protection services for Microsoft 365.
- Configure Advanced Threat Analytics.
- Plan and deploy secure mobile devices.
- Implement information rights management.
- Secure messages in Office 365.
- Configure Data Loss Prevention policies.
- Deploy and manage Cloud App Security.
- Implement Windows information protection for devices.
- Plan and deploy a data archiving and retention system.
- Create and manage an eDiscovery investigation.
- Manage GDPR data subject requests.
Perfil de los alumnos
The Microsoft 365 Security administrator collaborates with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, business stakeholders and other workload administrators to plan and implement security strategies and to ensures that the solutions comply with the policies and regulations of the organization. This role proactively secures Microsoft 365 enterprise environments. Responsibilities include responding to threats, implementing, managing, and monitoring security and compliance solutions for the Microsoft 365 environment. They respond to incidents, investigations, and enforcement of data governance. The Microsoft 365 Security administrator is familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and hybrid environments. This role has strong skills and experience with identity protection, information protection, threat protection, security management and data governance.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic conceptual understanding of Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Windows 10 devices.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Basic understanding of authorization and authentication.
- Basic understanding of computer networks.
- Working knowledge of managing mobile devices.
Our team of highly qualified instructors combine training activities with the development of their profession as experts in the field of IT. Professionals certified by the major manufacturers capable of transferring an enjoyable and easy to understand technical concepts more abstract.
A copy of the official Microsoft documentation.
Contenidos del Microsoft 365 Security Administration
1. User and Group Protection
- Identity and Access Management Concepts
- Zero Trust Security
- User Accounts in Microsoft 365
- Administrator Roles and Security Groups in Microsoft 365
- Password Management in Microsoft 365
- Azure AD Identity Protection
2. Identity Synchronization
- Introduction to Identity Synchronization
- Planning for Azure AD Connect
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Managing Synchronized Identities
- Introduction to Federated Identities
3. Access Management
- Conditional access
- Manage device access
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Solutions for external access
4. Security in Microsoft 365
- Threat vectors and data breaches
- Security strategy and principles
- Security solutions in Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Secure Score
5. Advanced Threat Protection
- Exchange Online Protection
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- Manage Safe Attachments
- Manage Safe Links
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection
6. Threat Management
- Use the Security dashboard
- Microsoft 365 threat investigation and response
- Azure Sentinel for Microsoft 365
- Configuring Advanced Threat Analytics
- Plan for Mobile Application Management
- Plan for Mobile Device Management
- Deploy Mobile Device Management
- Enroll Devices to Mobile Device Management
8. Information Protection
- Information Protection Concepts
- Azure Information Protection
- Advanced Information Protection
- Windows Information Protection
9. Rights Management and Encryption
- Information Rights Management
- Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension
- Office 365 Message Encryption
10. Data Loss Prevention
- Data Loss Prevention Explained
- Data Loss Prevention Policies
- Custom DLP Policies
- Creating a DLP Policy to Protect Documents
- Policy Tips
11. Cloud Application Security
- Cloud App Security Explained
- Using Cloud Application Security Information
12. Compliance in Microsoft 365
- Plan for compliance requirements
- Build ethical walls in Exchange Online
- Manage Retention in Email
- Troubleshoot Data Governance
13. Archiving and Retention
- Archiving in Microsoft 365
- Retention in Microsoft 365
- Retention policies in the Microsoft 365 Compliance Center
- Archiving and Retention in Exchange
- In-place Records Management in SharePoint
11. Content Search and Investigation
- Content Search
- Audit Log Investigations
- Advanced eDiscovery
Active and participatory course through demonstrations, practical exercises and clinical analysis of users of all the theoretical topics taught by the instructor in order to deal with real cases of the related product. The trainer will also use different dynamics that allow group work in the classroom as challenges, evaluation exams and real cases to prepare for the associated Microsoft certification exam, if there is one.
Continual evaluation based on group and individual activities. The faculty will give continuous feedback and at the end of the activities to each participant.
During the course the participants will complete an evaluation test that must be passed with more than 75%. They will have one hour available for its realization
Conditions of additional certification services are subject to the terms of the license owner or of the authorized certification authority.
Se emitirá Certificado de Asistencia sólo a los alumnos con una asistencia superior al 75% y Diploma aprovechamiento si superan también la prueba de evaluación.