Networking with Windows Server 2016
Networking with Windows Server 2016
This course provides the fundamental networking skills required to deploy and support Windows Server 2016 in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including Software Defined Networking
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Implement IPv6
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS)
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM)
- Plan for remote access
- Implement DirectAccess
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Implement networking for branch offices
- Configure advanced networking features
- Implement Software Defined Networking
Perfil de los alumnos
This course is intended for existing IT professionals who have some networking knowledge and experience and are looking for a single course that provides insight into core and advanced networking technologies in Windows Server 2016. This audience would typically include:
- Network administrators who are looking to reinforce existing skills and learn about new networking technology changes and functionality in Windows Server 2016.
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking knowledge who are looking to gain core and advanced networking knowledge and skills on Windows Server 2016.
Before attending this course, students should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Understanding of core networking infrastructure components and technologies such as cabling, routers, hubs, and switches.
- Familiarity with networking topologies and architectures such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and wireless networking.
- Some basic knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack, addressing and name resolution.
- Experience with and knowledge of Hyper-V and virtualization.
- Hands-on experience working with the Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Students can meet the prerequisites by attending the following course, or by having knowledge and skills equivalent to:
- 10967: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure.
Our team of highly qualified instructors combine training activities with the development of their profession as experts in the field of IT. Professionals certified by the major manufacturers capable of transferring an enjoyable and easy to understand technical concepts more abstract.
A copy of the official Microsoft documentation.
Contenidos del Networking with Windows Server 2016
1. Planning and implementing an IPv4 network
- Planning IPv4 addressing
- Configuring an IPv4 host
- Managing and troubleshooting IPv4 network connectivity
2. Implementing DHCP
- Overview of the DHCP server role
- Deploying DHCP
- Managing and troubleshooting DHCP
3. Implementing IPv6
- Overview of IPv6 addressing
- Configuring an IPv6 host
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
4. Implementing DNS
- Implementing DNS servers
- Configuring zones in DNS
- Configuring name resolution between DNS zones
- Configuring DNS integration with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
5. Implementing and managing IPAM
- Overview of IPAM
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP address spaces by using IPAM
6. Remote access in Windows Server 2016
- Overview of remote access
- Implementing the Web Application Proxy
7. Implementing DirectAccess
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and managing an advanced DirectAccess infrastructure
8. Implementing VPNs
- Planning VPNs
- Implementing VPNs
9. Implementing networking for branch offices
- Networking features and considerations for branch offices
- Implementing Distributed File System (DFS) for branch offices
- Implementing BranchCache for branch offices
10. Configuring advanced networking features
- Overview of high-performance networking features
- Configuring advanced Microsoft Hyper-V networking features
11. Implementing Software Defined Networking
- Overview of SDN
- Implementing network virtualization
- Implementing Network Controller
Active and participatory course through demonstrations, practical exercises and clinical analysis of users of all the theoretical topics taught by the instructor in order to deal with real cases of the related product. The trainer will also use different dynamics that allow group work in the classroom as challenges, evaluation exams and real cases to prepare for the associated Microsoft certification exam, if there is one.
Continual evaluation based on group and individual activities. The faculty will give continuous feedback and at the end of the activities to each participant.
During the course the participants will complete an evaluation test that must be passed with more than 75%. They will have one hour available for its realization.
Conditions of additional certification services are subject to the terms of the license owner or of the authorized certification authority.
Se emitirá Certificado de Asistencia sólo a los alumnos con una asistencia superior al 75% y Diploma aprovechamiento si superan también la prueba de evaluación.